TO DONATE ITEMS PLEASE CALL 01896 870 455
Turn every £1 donation into £1.25
Donating your goods to our charity using the Gift Aid scheme enables us to claim back an additional 25% of the sales proceeds from HM Revenue & Customs.
HMRC asks all Charities who use Gift Aid to ensure that donors and supporters understand the scheme. Your Gift Aid declaration will allow Home Basics (Tweeddale) Co Ltd to act as your agent in selling your donated goods and to claim back the basic rate of tax on any proceeds of the sale which you donate to us.
Please understand that the goods remain your property until sold, and that we charge a 15% +VAT administration fee and 3% +VAT commission on any sale of the goods should you request the proceeds of the sale.
We will notify you periodically of any sales of your items and invite you to donate the proceeds to our charity.
In order to donate under the Gift Aid scheme:
Please download, complete and return the signed Gift Aid form at the bottom of this page (It can be scanned and email if preferred.)
· You confirm that you have paid, or will pay, an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each year (6th April one year to 5 April the next) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities that you donate to will reclaim on your gifts for that tax year.
· You understand that other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify for Gift Aid.
· You understand the charity will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 that you give on or after 6 April 2008.
· The declaration also states that all your qualifying gifts of money made in the past four years and all donations you make from the date of the declaration should be treated as Gift Aid donations and gives Home Basics (Tweeddale) Co Ltd authority to reclaim the tax on those donations.
Please notify Home Basics (Tweeddale) Co Ltd if you:
· Want to cancel this declaration
· Change your name or home address
· No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.
If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue & Customs to adjust your tax code.
If you pay income tax at the higher rate, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self Assessment tax return if you want to receive the additional tax relief due to you.
Home Basics (Tweeddale) Co Ltd reserves the right to terminate this agreement at any time.
Check out our Gift Aid Frequently Asked Questions here.
Even more information of the Gift Aid scheme can be found on the HMRC website - http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/charities/gift_aid/